Athyrium filix-femina Frizelliae | Irish Tatting Fern
- Genus: Athyrium
- Species: filix-femina
- Cultivar: Frizelliae
- Eventual Height: 30cm
- Eventual Spread: 40cm
- Position: full sun, full shade, partial shade,
- Soil Drainage moist but well drained
- Soil PH: acid, alkaline, neutral
- Exposure: exposed, sheltered
- Hardiness: (H4) Hardy
- Awards: RHS Award of Garden Merit
Athyrium Frizelliaehas small frilly segments lining the stems, resembling the loops and knots of tatting lace. Named after an Irishwoman, Mrs. Frizzle, who in 1850 found this fern growing between two boulders on her farm. Grow in moist, fertile, neutral to acid soil and enrich with leaf mould or garden compost.
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!