Gunnera manicata | Giant Rhubarb
- Genus: Gunnera
- Species: manicata
- Eventual Height: 250
- Eventual Spread: 400
- Position: full sun, partial shade, south, east, west
- Evergreen or Deciduous: Deciduous
- Soil Drainage Boggy damp conditions
- Soil PH: acid, alkaline, neutral
- Exposure: sheltered
- Hardiness: (H4) Hardy
- Awards: RHS Award of Garden Merit
A spectacular, architectural plant, native to cloud forests in South and Central America. This is one of the world's largest herbaceous plants forming huge clumps of sharply toothed, deep green leaves. Produces tiny greenish red flowers, followed by spherical red-green fruit.
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!