Metasequoia glyptostroboides | Dawn Rewood
- Genus: Metasequoia
- Species: glyptostroboides
- Eventual Height: 4000
- Eventual Spread: 1000
- Position: full sun, partial shade, north, south, east, west
- Evergreen or Deciduous: Deciduous
- Soil Drainage moist but well drained
- Soil PH: acid, alkaline, neutral
- Exposure: exposed, sheltered
- Hardiness: (H4) Hardy
A relic of prehistoric times, the Dawn Redwood is a deciduous conifer thought to be extinct, but discovered well and alive in China less than 60 years ago! A vigarous and fast growing conical tree, with ascending branches. The leaves of the Metasequoia glyptostroboides are fresh green, turning a wonderful orange, dark red and brown in autumn before falling dormant for the winter.
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!