Phyllostachys nigra | Black Bamboo
- Genus: Phyllostachys
- Species: nigra
- Eventual Height: 400
- Eventual Spread: 250
- Position: full sun, partial shade, south, west
- Evergreen or Deciduous: Evergreen
- Soil Drainage moist but well drained
- Soil PH: acid, alkaline, neutral
- Exposure: sheltered
- Hardiness: (H4) Hardy
- Awards: RHS Award of Garden Merit
Phyllostachys nigra is a much sought after Black bamboo, having jet black canes and feathery green leaves. New canes of Pyllostachys nigras emerge green every spring and then gradually turn black over a 2 year period. The black bamboo makes a fantastic stand-alone plant, especially good in a large container.
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!