Pseudosasa japonica | Arrow Bamboo
- Genus: Pseudosasa
- Species: japonica
- Eventual Height: 800
- Eventual Spread: 400
- Position: full sun, partial shade, south, east, west
- Evergreen or Deciduous: Evergreen
- Soil Drainage moist but well drained
- Soil PH: acid, alkaline, neutral
- Exposure: exposed, sheltered
- Hardiness: (H4) Hardy
- Awards: RHS Award of Garden Merit
Pseudosasa japonica or Arrow Bamboo is one of the most wind and shade tolerant bamboo. The Pseudosasa japonica canes are olive green when young, turning pale beige with age. Pseudosasa japonica's canes are long and straight, growing very dense. An excellent bamboo for screening and one of the best for seaside planting, ideal as a windbreak. A very vigorous grower, make room for spreading.
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!