Sambucus nigra Black Lace | Elder
- Genus: Sambucus
- Species: nigra
- Cultivar: Black Lace
- Eventual Height: 800
- Eventual Spread: 400
- Position: full sun, partial shade, north, south, east, west
- Evergreen or Deciduous: Deciduous
- Soil Drainage moist but well drained
- Soil PH: acid, alkaline, neutral
- Exposure: exposed, sheltered
- Hardiness: (H4) Hardy
One the coolest new plants to be developed recently, this new Sambucus looks more like a Japanese maple but a lot easier to grow. The unique texture, intense purple-black foliage provide season long interest. Massive clusters of pink flowers cover the Sambucus nigra 'Black Lace' in midsummer and emit a light lemon fragrance. Use Sambucus nigra Black Lace as a shrub, as a bold perennial or train it into a small tree. It's colourful, versatile and easy to grow.
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!