Stipa calamagrostis | Pheasant Grass
- Genus: Stipa
- Species: calamagrostis
- Eventual Height: 100
- Eventual Spread: 120
- Position: full sun, north, south, east, west
- Evergreen or Deciduous: Evergreen
- Soil Drainage well drained
- Soil PH: acid, alkaline, neutral
- Exposure: exposed, sheltered
- Hardiness: (H4) Hardy
Stipa calamagrostis is a dramatic addition to the garden, deciduous with tall, glaucous, arching leaves and produces masses of long, fluffy, silvery-white flowers in late summer. In autumn, the leaves and flowers of this Pheasant Grass mature to a beautiful buff colour. Use as a focal point in a mixed border or gravel garden, or to soften the lines of a building.
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!