Syringa vulgaris Katherine Havemeyer | Common Lilac
- Genus: Syringa
- Species: vulgaris
- Cultivar: Katherine Havemeyer
- Eventual Height: 400
- Eventual Spread: 400
- Position: full sun, north, south, east, west
- Evergreen or Deciduous: Deciduous
- Soil Drainage moist but well drained
- Soil PH: alkaline, neutral
- Exposure: exposed, sheltered
- Hardiness: (H4) Hardy
- Awards: RHS Award of Garden Merit
One of the few good pink-flowering forms, this classic variety still merits a place in modern gardens. The florets are double and coloured pink-lavender, borne in abundant panicles and over a long period. The dark green, heart- shaped leaves provide a beautiful background for the groups of sweetly scented lavender blue flowers. Syringa vulgaris Katherine Havemeyer makes an attractive addition in any garden.
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!